Old 10-15-2020, 09:50 AM   #58
FR-S2GT86
Master Collaborator

Drives: Was '15 FR-S, 6MT, Now '15 GT86
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
if a 3-way/4-way setup is definitely an area you want to go, i highly recommend a DSP. especially for you, @FR-S2GT86 with your 4-way setup.

i installed the dayton dsp-408 in my truck specifically for more advanced crossover control (needed a 400hz x-over on the high freq drivers, deck stopped at 200hz, or started at 1.2khz in network mode), and the featureset is highly adjustable. each of the 8 outputs can have it's own independent parametric eq, as well as time alignment and phasing options. it does exactly what i built a $1500+ carpc for a dozen years ago for under $200!

the minidsp 6x8 does a lot of the same thing at a slightly higher cost as well..
I've looked into DSP modules, and currently the only one that I would consider would be the Mosconi 8-12 Aerospace, which is very pricey. Until the need outweighs the expense, I'm fine with what I'm running now as the built-in DSP for my Pioneer head unit works exceptionally well for my needs.

And on that note, there is no DSP module on the market that does what I would want it to do. I would want something that has comparative signal input-output monitoring and active feedback response adjustment. (I know, right? What the heck is this guy talking about?) It simply doesn't exist yet. I can elaborate if you'd like.
Count to muffens and call again.
I’m 40. So....... say hi to your sisters or daughters.
FR-S2GT86 is offline   Reply With Quote