View Single Post
Old 07-04-2022, 12:01 PM   #19
e_lunatic

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
the brake fluid, trans and diff fluid, air filters, ect aren't hard and fast need to be replaced based on intervals. those can typically be changed once they are "dirty" or if they are low on fluid.
i feel your pain since I live in an apartment and used to be able to do all my vehicle maintenance on the lift at my old job. If you have the $ i'd say go ahead and bite the bullet and get the work done at a shop you trust. If the cost is prohibitive get a good jack and 4 jack stands, an oil jug for used oil and do your own oil changes. You can rotate your times while the car is on stands to do the oil change as well.
The trans and diff fluid is actually a pretty straight forward and easy job it's just going to take time when doing the work on jackstands.

You could do all that work (IMO i'd get the shop to do the brake fluid only because fuck brake fluid and I've bled enough brakes for 10 lifetimes and I'm over it) in your driveway or at least a flat surface for maybe 1/4 of the price in less than 4 hours. Since you said you haven't had a lot of experience working on the car give yourself plenty of time (maybe expect 6 hours of work) just to go slow and make sure you're covering all your bases. 95% of those services can be done with hand tools in your driveway.
e_lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote