View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 09:21 PM   #19
Vital

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decep View Post
Got my springs/sachs dampers installed and first of all the ride is much smoother, especially over bad pavement. some bumps that would normally hurt (maybe not hurt but sound and feel very jarring) on 2013 suspension, the new suspension handles easily.

In terms of lowering, i certainly dont think its any lower, if anything the tire to fender gap is a bit bigger now (again, i didn't do this for lowering anyways). they may need to settle still though.

I had it aligned too and asked them to zero out the toe and install whiteline camber bolts for the front negative camber adjustment.

Dialed in -1.5 degrees in the front.

Only thing of concern is the rear camber is quite uneven, one side is -2.0 degrees and one side is -0.3 degrees which is odd. Mechanic couldn't find anything bent or damaged and bushings looked good. Ride height seems even enough to me. Not sure if this will hurt handling or cause quite a bit of extra wear or not.
The springs just need to settle after that it might look lowered, hopefully. Yes, thats pretty odd for rear and a pretty big difference. usually when you lower cars you should naturally gain camber it seems you hardly gained any on one side. The rear camber shouldn't put any unnecessary extra wear on your tires as long as your toe is zero'd out you'll be fine. You may want to take it to another alignment shop to see if they can do anything also, if you want to adjust rear camber will you need to get lower control arms. Post some pics after the suspension has settled.
Vital is offline   Reply With Quote