Old 06-10-2019, 03:45 PM   #3617
KevBRZ

Drives: 15BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
stx

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
Have you autocrossed the car stock? How many autox events have you done total?

Seat time and some coaching is probably your best investment right now. None of the parts on your list would be worth putting into an 'stx' build imho, but they could be a lot of fun as a casual 'do-it-all' car if you don't mind being slower than the other STX cars.

How deep down the rabbit hole do you want to go?

My 2 cents is bolt up the fun parts you have (take your pick) and just drive the rest of the season, maybe tweak a few things on the cheap like alignment bolts, learn. Figure out what coilovers you want for next year and keep an eye out for a set of used 17x9's, they might even have RE71R's or BFG's on them after Nats. I'm super happy with my ProParts Megans but think they're a little stiff for DD, you could easily get those with a slightly softer spring and have a good setup pretty quick. Alternatively since you're in Pennsylvania, I believe Sam Strano had been working with a few locals and setting them up on HKS coilovers, he also has experience with the KW stuff so SS1/XTA might be viable as a casual suspension if they're set up right. Autox suspension isn't easy, very few cater to it, copy what is currently performing well if that's your goal.

I'm lucky, got to ride with a few people and experience a few different coilovers before buying mine, if you can do the same it should help a lot.
I have done about 60-70 events in the past, i ran a Gstock (back about 6 years ago or so) 08 civic si, then built that car for STX and ran it for 2 years, then got a 05 S2k and ran that in BS, and have co driven a few other cars but only have run about once- twice a year over the fast few years due to work etc. i have only run the BRZ once so far totally stock this year.

As for the rabbit hole, not real far....want to keep this as a daily on not have it to be miserable to drive and i really don't see me doing anything nationally due to difficulty even making it to local events time wise and gonna need some serious seat time to go to any national type events,

As for the parts, i agree they are not the weapons of choice ATM to be competitive lol but with me being very dusty prob not gonna be anyhow competitive

Last edited by KevBRZ; 06-17-2019 at 09:55 PM. Reason: error
KevBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KevBRZ For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (06-10-2019)