FR-S2GT86
Master Collaborator

Drives: Was '15 FR-S, 6MT, Now '15 GT86
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FooisM View Post
Hi all,
2015 brz so no controllers on this models steering wheel.
My HU (DDX917WS) doesn't have a physical knob for volume which is a pain.

I'm looking for solutions to be able to change tracks as well as volume up/down.
I know there is an option to get a 2019 wheel + clockspring, but that is way too much effort for reward.
There are some BT controllers, do these work with any HU?
What have some other people on here done?

Doing a quick Google search on the model number you provided, I see that your head unit is a Kenwood product. Finding the installation and operation manual, for your unit, I see that it has an optional infrared remote available. It also has a Light Blue with Yellow stripe wire that is used for steering wheel controls. Getting the steering wheel controls working will be custom project with your car, you don't HAVE to mount your control on the steering wheel, though. You might try a location on the center console, and you might even be able to find a control with an actual knob to turn.

Some Bluetooth controls can control volume, but most only control the track functions.

Personally, I use an infrared remote that I can strap to the emergency brake lever to control my Pioneer.

Edit: As I look closer at the installation manual for your head unit (which covers several different models), I now see that your particular model DOES NOT have the light blue and yellow wire, so wiring in a remote like @Compelica did is not an option for you. If I were you however, I would pull the head unit out and physically look for that wire, you never know what the manufacturers will do from country to country.

Name:  IMG_20210720_101956993.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  453.7 KB
Count to muffens and call again.
I’m 40. So....... say hi to your sisters or daughters.

Last edited by FR-S2GT86; 07-20-2021 at 01:13 PM.
FR-S2GT86 is offline   Reply With Quote