View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 06:38 AM   #1
becausethexo

Drives: Subaru BRZ 2015 Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Maintenance Recommendation

Hello there guys! I'm looking for some maintenance recommendations or advice as I'm looking to bring my car in for it's "routine" service within the next week or so! I've so far brought it in during weird times and off-schedule. If you're not into complicated scheduling and dates and different services trying to piece this all together, it's okay to leave now and do not read further lol!

So since I've bought it used I've done...

The 50,000km $115 recommendation at 53,000km (not bad).
Then the 60,000km $750 recommendation at 73,000km! (not ideal 13,000km behind recommended).
Now only four months later, I'm now sitting at about 94,000km (+21,000km) (missing the 80,000 and 90,000 recommendations). I know that's a long time to wait for an oil change especially (21,000km and counting). It's (lol) my work vehicle right now, that's why I'm accumulating (on pace) 50,000km for the year.

As I see it right now, I have 3 options.

1. $115 (basic), recommended for my current 90,000km, but I've also missed the others preceding it..

Services:

- Replace engine oil and filter
- Service battery
- Lubricate all latches, hinges and locks
- Check under body for damage
- Inspect all steering and suspension components
- Inspect and adjust all fluid levels
- Inspect and adjust drive belt tension
- Inspect and adjust rear differential gear oil
- Inspect axle boot condition
- Inspect operation of all lights, wipers and washers
- Inspect tire condition and adjust tire pressures, including spare tire
- Road test

2. $355 (medium), was recommended for 80,000km, it'd give me everything the $115 gives above BUT.... for an extra $240! I'd be getting also

- Remove, inspect and service front and rear brakes (which I think I 95% need complete replacements of anyhow...)
- Test coolant, inspect hoses and clamps, and
- Inspect air filter, replace if necessary.
- Rotate tires and inspect for wear (but I'd be bringing my summers in..)

- Inspect cabin air filter, replace if necessary (I just put a new one in myself..)

Are these 3 things worth the extra $240?

or..

3. $945 (expensive) 100,000km/60 months. The car isn't even at 48 months but it's also coming up to 95,000km now... I know it's (whatever comes first) but still. That's a LOT.

It includes everything 1) and 2) but with the added:

- Replace automatic transmission fluid
- Replace rear differential gear oil
- Replace spark plugs

These 3 added things at 100,000km are worth an extra $600? :o

--

With these 3 options, keep in mind I don't need the rotate tires/inspect for wear (I believe) since by the time I book service, I also wish to have them put my summers back on, potentially with new brake rotors and/or pads, therefore won't be needing those rotating/servicing for the brakes/tires services.

Is there a right or wrong option here? What would anyone do in my situation? Also, it's a 2015 BRZ Auto Transmission (lol don't flame please!)

Again sorry if complicated!

Thanks!
Ari

Last edited by becausethexo; 04-17-2019 at 06:58 AM.
becausethexo is offline   Reply With Quote