View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 12:09 PM   #1
chojuan30

Drives: 2015 frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rear Z32 Brakes with STI Rotors

Hello Guys, I wanted to contribute a little to the forum since I have taken so much from it. I did a front brake upgrade and wanted to upgrade the rears. My first option was the EVO calipers, but this would shift brake bias too much to the front. Then I looked at Z32 with the KNS bracket. This setup uses the stock rotor and would also lead to too much front brake bias. So, as with everything in my life, I need or want something that does not exist. Made some calculations and using the STI rotor with Z32 brakes would give me 68 and change front brake bias. This led me to make my own brake bracket. Took measurements many times and a couple of 3d printed iterations, I send the model of the bracket to a company called sendcutsend. They specialize in laser cutting metal. They are cheap and fast. I designed the bracket flat to use this company and minimize cost. The biggest hurdle was that they did not have the material thickness I needed and this is the dimension that determines the lateral offset of the caliper. So, I had to grind it to the required thickness.

Bought the caliper from offer up at $80
Powder coating was $150 ( a little too much)
Bracket was about $60 for the pair
Rotors from KNS
Braided lines
Caliper rebuild kit
A few bolts from the auto parts.

I have been driving for more than a month on a 30 mile each way Miami commute and they feel great. I will update when I take it to the track.

I will be happy to answer any question.

JDC
Attached Images

Last edited by chojuan30; 06-12-2020 at 01:00 PM.
chojuan30 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chojuan30 For This Useful Post:
Tokay444 (06-18-2020)