Old 04-06-2016, 07:17 AM   #141
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikyone View Post
Much as I respect you Tcoat, you're well wide of the mark here - pistonheads is far from a clickbait blog. It's a pretty serious and well known site that employs proper motoring journalists (Chris Harris is a former PH writer/reviewer) and doesn't indulge in random speculation or stories from unidentified inside sources. They've previously run a GT86 as a long-term test car and also had access to the "Heritage" 86s that Toyota built with classic liveries. They will have official contacts at Toyota GB, so "We've just had confirmation from Toyota GB" means it's the current official Toyota line.
ETA: Not sure what you're expecting from Toyota - they're not likely to advertise that UK cars won't get the increased power/torque that US cars will be getting. All that Toyota GB will do is not make reference to engine changes, like their official news story here. The US Toyota website here does hint at the power increase.

Bear in mind that Toyota already tweaked the car last year to meet the current Euro 6 emission requirements, which suggests the 86 is probably near the limits without making further changes. For PM and CO, the limits seem to be lower for Euro 6 than LEV III; although that doesn't take into account differences in the test cycle between Europe and Cali - which could also be a factor in whether or not certain changes comply with the limits.

LOL Oh I have been wrong before! Unfortunately all car blogs have become "clickbait" in my eyes. Some are just more reliable than others but the bad ones have destroyed my trust in even the good ones. I will remain skeptical on any statements until I see the same thing documented by Toyota themselves. I was not throwing any of my options out there as fact since I don't know what they are doing. I was just speculating. Like many guys here my writing style may make me come across as I think I know when in fact I think no such thing.
raven1231 (04-06-2016)