Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
I am thoroughly confused by your post.
We... correction, upstairs decided to do curbside pickup for patrons, which I'm okay with. IF & only if these are met.
1. We have enough staffs.. which we don't. We have less than 40% of staff working in my department, let alone, whole system, we have less than 30% of staffs are working.
2. Actually have legit plan... or get some feedback from staffs that actually have to do it. Instead of "Oh! ***** is doing it, so it'll work for us." 9 out of 10 times, it doesn't.
3. Don't make a procedures/rules that fits it all. Cuz every branch and main are different. They expect us to do EXACTLY as it's written in the procedures.

Especially #3. They want patrons to park their car (where the numbers are assigned) in parking space. From there, call us to pick up their holds. I work at the downtown (main) & all the parking space is underground. Sadly underground parking doesn't get no service. So they decided to used 3 parking space (which is front of delivery/unload zone), which require to do parallel park. Make things worse, it's downtown. Downtown parallel parking space is tight! I have seen good amount of ppl hit front or rear car while trying to parallel park that spot.

It's not gonna end well... so I replied to their all staff email "If you guys can't parallel park, how do you expect patron to parallel park?"

We'll see if I still have job on Monday lol