Old 06-27-2014, 03:59 AM   #19
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrazic93 View Post
first and foremost, after college I will not touch my car untill I have no student loans left, no matter how long that takes. Until I can afford the replacement parts if those parts break, then ill start spending my money in larger volumes. Im not exactly one of those guys that would buy all the parts in one night and spend a good chunk of cash doing it. It would have to be an on going labor of love.

"Oh hey Chris whats the car part for this month?"
"Oh I dont know [insert potential coworkers name here] maybe ill lump two months together and buy a Cusco 4.556 FD and skip next month."

I see spending money as a journey more or less with any large things in life. Like a car, its going to be an on going experience, why get it all over in the next week, or month? Why not space it out so you can savor the experince of it? Why go into debt when theres alot better ways to stay finacially stable while still being happy?

I guess it has to do with parenting and how the people were raised with the dollar. My dad made me work hard for my first few dollars.

TL;DR
My dad made me work hard for my first few dollars. He made me appriciate it, so I feel less likely to give it up, so I inherently value the things I trade my money for, more.
Did your dad buy the car for you?
1st year in to college so you must be rather young?
Not bad at all actually, seems like you got your head screwed on although paying off student loan sounds like it'll take awhile.