soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
TIL (well actually it was on Saturday) that the wife and I are "Old Folks".
Pulled into the gas station to fill up the STi. As I'm reaching down to "pop" the fuel door the wife gets out to go into the store to pay. Before I get the door open I hear her in conversation with some guy:

some guy: Did you buy that new?
the wife : Yes
some guy: Interested in selling it?
the wife : No
some guy: If I give you my number would you call me when you do decide to sell it.
the wife : That might be a long time from now
some guy: I've been told that the best cars to buy are those that have been owned by "Old Folks" from new.
They know the the value of a dollar and take good care of their stuff.
you seriously wouldn't sell the sti for any price? even an astronomical one?

i stopped telling people i won't sell. i just tell them "for the right price" and then remind them they're offering to buy me out, not buying at market value.

older people might take care of their performance vehicles better due to more disposable income, and stable career, but i don't believe that anyone with enough of an interest in performance vehicles regardless of age treats them any better.

that might've been true back when grandma could 'accidently' order a 'nice coupe' that happens to be an olds 442 for going to the grocery store and church once a week-- i know of a few cases of supra's like that as well--it was a relatively tame looking car in stock form.

but all the new performance vehicles are too stylistically different for that to be as common of an occurrence anymore.
NoHaveMSG (02-08-2023), x808drifter (02-09-2023)