View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 08:38 AM   #11
viscositosis.rex

Drives: Currently 2018 Taco
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesubie View Post
No question that you’ll want to run the street version unless you have a 100% dedicated catless track car. The details aren’t out yet but I expect the track version to have higher ZDDP and no API or ILSAC certifications.

The street version has a nice shot of zinc for anti-wear and moly for friction modification. But phosphorus is low to get the API/ILSAC certification and to keep it cat friendly. It likely also has higher detergent levels.

NOACK volatility is within allowed limits but I’m surprised that it’s at 12% when the allowed limits are 15% and the better oils are closer to 10%. Probably due to the limitations of the Group III base stocks.
My Blackstone VOA on Sustina 0W20 actually showed phosphorus content significantly higher than zinc.

I point to high density as a positive attribute.

It astounds me that these oils with VI's of 229 and 239 have NOACK's of ~12.

I have used Ravenol 0W16 for ~ 50k miles w/10k OCI. It is designed with a reasonable NOACK, low VI, ~ 40% ester content, and 2x Mobil 1 trimer moly. It is quite stellar. PLEASE report this to Shannow.

FWIW, my new favorite oil is Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic 5W20. VI 147. NOACK 7.6. I am now in a marathon mindset, aiming for such things as clean piston rings at 500k miles !

It is hoped that this Valvoline oil is a bluesubie approved oil, although maybe a little thin for your taste.

viscositosis.rex is offline   Reply With Quote