View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 01:02 AM   #11
gt86mods
Toyobaru Obsessed

Drives: 97' Civic Coupe
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I don't like the blurb about the MT not being able to handle any more torque than stock. That worries me greatly. Other than that the car looks like it will be super easy to work on. Talk about simplicity. Tuner's dream!

Also the comment about the long endlinks: The engine is so low as compared to the suspension, they had to do this in order to adapt to such a low engine and trans. I've also never seen a sway bar mount so far back and under the trans. The whole car was engineered around the low COG principle so naturally there will be some weird adaptations.

As I study the images more, you can really tell that this platform was engineered on a budget to be cheap to produce. Everything is functional, modular & easy to work on. This is good in terms of tuning the chassis, but I worry about the engine and it's limitations. I can see where the hesitaion to put out a turbo version comes from. With more hardware comes more weight, more weight requires more control & on such a simple platform as-is it will be interesting to see how they deal with these issues. Hopefully they planned on this from the beginning, if not I see it being an issue.

I already see an issue in terms of people not being happy with the engine output. I already see a lot of people talking about raising redline to get more RPMs, but I don't think that can be done safely with this engine, and given what I've read about the trans it isn't up to the job of handling any more power than stock. This may be a car that will adapt well to minor breathing mods like intake and exhaust as well as suspension mods and that's it. I hope people don't get disappointed because they are expecting a 400hp RWD drift machine after slapping on some mods because you're buying the wrong car.

Canon Photographer - My Website - Flickr Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86'd View Post
That's it. I'm cancelling my pre pre-order.

Last edited by gt86mods; 03-02-2012 at 01:18 AM.
gt86mods is offline   Reply With Quote