NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,327 Times in 7,384 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Not directly, but do have some indirect experience. The biggest issue is how many on your cell tower have it? It's a shared service so each added user reduces the bandwidth over time. You may think it is great at first, then it slowly degrades as neighbors here how good is for you.

Several of my coworkers use 4G Home Internet, and it's OK for most things but none of them are what I would call heavy users (gamers, etc). Primarily they use it for VPN services to work and streaming. Let's face it, basically it works like a phone hotspot, so if that works for you, this should work.

This is a decent article I read on it recently. I wouldn't usually go to Clark Howard and team for tech advice but this one sounds pretty well thought through.

I am just looking for something for browsing the internet and streaming. I don’t game online anymore. Not a lot of people in my area. The entire county is less then 350k and the vast majority of that is in the 3 major cities 10-20 miles away. I know there are towers out my way and beyond to service up the canyon.

I had one of the old setups back in 06-07’ when I was working out of state all the time. I’m not sold on the 5g home, just not thrilled with my other options either. I’m considering just going without too.
Dadhawk (09-12-2022)