Old 11-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #6
zigzagz94
BRZerhood Lurker #13

Drives: 15 DGM BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by subyota View Post
the whole lay'n'pray by shields bores the crap out of the show last night. i know it's part of mma but this guy has ZERO stand up. it'll be interesting how cung le will approach the fight against him, the only way i can see cung winning is by sticking and moving, don't even bother taking it to the ground and i hope his takedown defense is good or else he'll be hugged to death. on a sidenote, miller's entrances are entertaining!

if the rumors are right and dan henderson has signed with strikeforce then i see a hendo vs. mousasi fight coming up soon.

i like how strikeforce is trying to compete with ufc now but the atmosphere isn't quite like the ufc yet and they need to make some serious changes to the show overall like:
1) get rid of gus johnson
2) fix the camera angles
3) get rid of generic entrance music
4) increase depth of fighter roster

other than that you really can't complain considering its FREE lol

...and fedor is god!
hendo vs gegard would be awesome

Miller is crazy but I think a lot of people underestimate his jiu-jitsu. It seems to me that shields cardio was affected by him bulking up to move up in weight class. Miller was able to counter shields sub attempts and transitions which clearly sapped all of shields energy.

I'll admit it, I'm a cung le hater. I've seen tons of his san shou fights and I just don't like him. If he wants to win against Shields he will have to pull a machida stick and move game plan because if it goes to the ground he'll get subbed.

Gus Johnson is garbage they need to bring in Bas rutten to do commentary with mauro.

Now that Strikeforce has signed deals with Dream and M1 Global you're going to start seeing a lot of the better international guys, Hansen, aoki, etc, fighting on shows in the states. Talent sharing between the other major orgs, other than UFC, is awesome I'm tired of the Zuffa monopoly.
zigzagz94 is offline   Reply With Quote