Old 05-08-2016, 01:09 AM   #27
N1rve

Drives: 2019 BMW ///M4
Thanked 1,167 Times in 714 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZnut View Post
FIXED! The stock LED DRL on my BRZ no longer flicker at idle. Seems it was the OEM battery getting weaker (3.5 years). Not sure why the new battery fixed it , but it did. Some other observations:

Car as expected now starts quicker and you can hear the difference in the sound of the starter.

When driving, voltage readings on my radar detector use to swing between 14.2 to 14.8 (AC is off). Now when driving its a steady 14.6.

When the car was off and I had the accessory on (with heater blowing) the voltage would drop quickly to 11.9-12.0. Now it stays at 12.6.

For those that are interested, got this red top here and it came in 3 days. I did use the tray they provide under the battery to make it the same height of the OEM battery:

Amazon.com: Optima Batteries 8020-164 35 RedTop Starting Battery: Automotive
You definitely had a problem with the battery. My Radar Detector also tells me voltage (passport), and with the car off, it reads 12.6V.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
N1rve is offline   Reply With Quote