Drives: 2013 BRZ
Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,895 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Best value coils

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDan View Post
Pillowball upper mounts are not a problem for ride harshness *if there is sufficient bump travel*. My FD was SUPER-harsh with Tein SS coilovers that used the factory rubber isolators up top, and SUPER-smooove with Ohlins R&T with pillowballs.

BRZ front suspension is front bump-travel limited. At least my PP with Sachs struts was. with 1.25" lower springs and Raceseng camber plates (which themselves reduce bump travel ~3/4") the ride was intolerable as it would bottom the front suspension over the smallest bumps.

However now with Bilstein B8s installed this past spring (with Swift Spec-R springs and the Raceseng camber plates), the ride is *super*-smooove over bumps Much better ride over bumps than the factory setup.

I’m inclined to disagree. The rubber mounts dampen a ton of high frequency vibrations that the pillowballs will transmit. I’ve had the same coils on my BMW with and without pillowball camber plates, and they made the ride significantly worse to me. Then again NVH is very subjective.

I vote keep the stock top hats or get some Pedders if you need camber.

Last edited by Yoshoobaroo; 08-14-2020 at 10:55 AM.
Yoshoobaroo is offline   Reply With Quote