Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Longhorn248's WRB BRZ Premium

Finally got the car home today!

I'm a relative noob when it comes to the BRZ as I only really heard about it back in September/October of 2011 so I was a bit late to the party. I had been planning on making a new car purchase around the January/February time frame and had been pretty much convinced I was going to end up in a Nissan 370z. After lurking the forum for a while and digesting as many internet articles as I possibly could I finally decided to switch over the Subaru.

I put down a deposit with a dealer in Ft. Worth and was told I was first in line for a car. If you want to know how that turned out check out this thread: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3973.

Fortunately there was a dealer in San Antonio that hadn't filled all their pre-orders on the day they opened up on March 1 and I ended up 6th in line after I left a deposit. After a bit of attrition I ended up moving up to 2nd on the list and it was looking more promising that I'd end up with one of the earlier deliveries.

Originally I had an ETA of 6/12/2012, this rapidly moved forward to 6/6/2012 with my car actually arriving on 6/4/2012 and me being able to drive her home the next day.

So far I've put over 100 miles on the car and am finding it hard to keep it under the 4k limit for the break in period. When applying power you can just feel the car wanting those extra 3400 rpm in order to have a bit more fun. You can absolutely feel the road as you're driving this thing and I can't wait to get more seat time and learn the nuances of the controls in order to squeeze more excitement out of it. The seating position is great and the quality is absolutely amazing for a car in this price range. I'm actually quite pleased with the navigation and infotainment system in the short time that I've used it and am very happy that I won't be messing with my phone anymore to try and figure out directions while behind the wheel. I'll probably add more thoughts about the car once I've had a longer duration to soak in the experience, but so far I'm very excited to be the first BRZ on the road in San Antonio (There is another still at the dealership, but the owner is out of town).

Modifications

XPEL Clear Bra
Window Tint
Grimmspeed License Plate Holder
Blue LED Interior Conversion
Debadged "Subaru" and "BRZ"
Subaru Auto Dimming Mirror
Attached Images

Last edited by Longhorn248; 12-25-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Longhorn248 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Longhorn248 For This Useful Post:
Extreme86 (06-06-2012), Fly Guy (06-06-2012), GuerillaRacing (11-29-2012), Guff (07-11-2012), Scooby (06-06-2012), Snoopyalien24 (06-07-2012), Tbxgz (06-05-2012)