Old 03-20-2023, 04:28 PM   #6
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatStig View Post
I'm in the same boat, fellow Canuck, and have been Googling tires all winter.

I have been very curious about the Continental ECF, as that heat tolerance is what I'm after. I'm not trying to set records. The turnoff has been the price and availability. They are not available from Canadian dealers and, talking directly to Conti, they have no plans to explore our market. Tire Rack would be an option, which then adds customs fees and costlier shipping.

I am probably going with the Maxxis Victra VR-1. I enjoyed their original S1 compound, despite the set I got being over two years old, and have heard good things about the updated S2 compound. The only slight downside, after talking directly to Maxxis Canada, was that they don't have any plans to produce any this year due to still having inventory. The production date of the tires they have in their warehouse is April 2022.

All that said, I am all ears to other suggestions. If anyone has any better ideas, please share!

*EDIT*

This damn thread sent me down a rabbit hole. I am now seriously considering Kumho V730. Damn. I thought I had this figured out. Time for even more damn Googling.
11 months? I wouldn't sweat it. Their warehouse is fully climate (temp and humidity) controlled; it's not a random warehouse.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
BatStig (03-20-2023), Kelse92 (03-21-2023)