Old 06-03-2012, 05:37 AM   #27
Bristecom

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ PP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kire View Post
but that's part of the problem. although the BRZ offers some desirable amenities, its looks is not for everyone. i, for 1, find the front bumper, rear spoiler, and fake side vents of the BRZ ugly. so basically, i have to choose between a car who's exterior is more attractive to me while the interior being less attractive, or vice versa. if scion would only offer a-la-cart optioning for the FRS, they would make a lot more buyers happy while making additional profit from the options at the same time. i would love me an FRS with HID and dual climate...
And you and I are not the only ones. My brother also wanted the 86/FR-S when he first saw it. He doesn't like the BRZ styling either. But when he found out the final specs and realized how cheap Scion was, he changed his mind. He said he refuses to buy a Scion now and is looking at the new Genesis Coupe instead (not that I would ever want/recommend one). So I wonder how many sales Scion will lose because of their insistence to not sell a higher trim and more options. Or maybe they will surprise everyone and change soon?