View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 07:04 PM   #522
JesseG

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzmitry View Post
I guess much of that knowledge for these kind of cars has increased thanks to the media/internet. I am sure the 86 would have been the same if not worse of a story than the Supra if it was released back then (aside from all the new tech and modern looks). Though I had already fallen in love with this car when it was introduced early on, one of the big things that helped reel me in was reading about it all over the internet and this forum especially.

I agree, I searched for any info I could get on the twins, and read through this forum a lot. It helps to generate excitement for a car when you can easily chat with other owners. I also wonder if the twins would have done as well in the pre internet forum days.
And like Tcoat said you just couldn’t get this type of information on a car back in the day. I got my Eagle Talon in 1998, it was my first car. I only had magazines like Super Street and Sport Compact Car to get any information. I got my WRX in 2002 and the internet was becoming a bigger thing and NASIOC was a great source for info, and arguing. I still laugh out loud when I think of some of the photoshop threads on there. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JesseG For This Useful Post:
Lantanafrs2 (08-27-2020), Tcoat (08-27-2020)