Old 12-07-2017, 08:45 AM   #15
zkahle

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Asphalt
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertLava View Post
I'm interested in getting Xpel ultimate for my front bumper, headlights, mirrors, full fenders, full hood, A pillars, and roof.

Does your paint looks different on the raw (un-Xpel'd) paint on the door compared to a piece covered by Xpel like your bumper. I don't want to have a "two tone" car after a number of years.

Also, is it possible to drill through Xpel or attach things to Xpel using adhesives? I'm thinking of using my 86 as a dedicated track car in the future. I would want to install canards on my fenders and a lower front lip on my bumper. Would I need to drill through The Xpel to install them? Or will it stay on with glue/adhesives of some kind?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Addressing your first question, the XPEL film is very much indistinguishable from the uncovered surfaces of my car. The only places you can somewhat tell that I have film on the car is on a panel that is only half covered with it. So if you were to look at the my doors where only the bottom half is covered you would notice a little line upon inspection. The wrapped and unwrapped surfaces are exactly the same color you will just see that line (border between film and paint) if your car is a little dirty. If you look at my original photos you can see this line in some of the shots, specifically the one take from the rear of the car, the close up photo of my rear bumper definitely shows the border that I am talking about.

Second) yes you can drill through it. I was able to attach a quick release to my front bumper drilling directly through the film. My bumper has come off so many times from the SC install that it no longer sat flush.

Hope that this has helped.