View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 05:06 PM   #221
mistople

Drives: 2017 BRZ (Sold), 2023 GR86
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WC-BRZ View Post
I can't help but wonder if Jackson Racing should chime in. The hesitation/bucking under light throttle doesn't seem to be a common issue in the JRSC thread in the Forced Induction forum, correct? At least I've never heard/read about it before.

It would probably be a good idea to check in with Jackson Racing themselves and also with CSG Mike perhaps.
It's not common, but I've heard of others having the same sort of problems. Drift Office said they've seen it before too. I had them check the install and everything looked good. Not sure what else I could do as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
JR and others showed many times and I have the same experience (if you care) that JRSC maintains factory daily driving and also track performance with proper preps. These are problems for a specific configuration.

Mistople, hope you don't take this wrong way but, imho, here is what I would do

- remove the ACE header and go back to stock header
- buy factory tune from JR
- check and fix all boost and vacuum leaks, replace MAF with a brand new one
- it should be so much better than the stock after these

JRSC with stock header is so much better than NA with ACE header
Even if I had all the tune issues sorted I'm still somewhat unhappy with the kit for other reasons. Temperatures and throttle response characteristics alone have soured the experience for me. I realize I am an outlier here.

I'm not interested in going back to the stock header right now. I'd blow the cats on track in no time. I'm also not super excited about spending more money on this kit. Buying two tunes was painful enough. Anyway, I'm not making any knee jerk changes quite yet. I'll give the tune a bit more time—I recall that previous DT tunes had bucking/hesitation issues for a while and then they went away. All I know is that the car wasn't any less fun NA. The peace of mind from having a stock engine, fewer moving parts, and less heat can't be overlooked on a tracked car either.
mistople is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mistople For This Useful Post:
HachiRokuX (11-09-2019), kch (11-11-2019), Lantanafrs2 (11-09-2019)