Old 04-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #22
OnionTou

Drives: Toyota GT 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345qwerty View Post
hi ft86 members i've been following this forum since the ft 86 was announced ( yes the prototype) Now lets get back to the topic lets say i live in a developing country and theres no scion dealership so i have toyota, and they charge 40k (41,450 to be exactly) for the gt 86 and was looking for alternatives to the gt 86 due to its high price (compared to the si) and the only "sporty" car that i can find is the civic si which is 27-28 (thats the price for 2012 when i asked last year don't know about the 2013 but should be less than 30k) and more thing i can't test drive them because they are "special order" i can ask my friend that has a 2012 to test it but he is not here, but i cannot say the same about the 86 because lets say i think theres only 1 in the whole country, so i want to know opinions about if the 86 is worth the 10-12k over the si??
thnks.
I was never sold on the idea of owning a sports car, until I got invited to a track day and test drove the Renaultsport Megane III Cup 265, so I started researching sports cars. The Renault was $40k, the VW GTI was $42k, the WRX is $40, and the Civic Si is close to $39k.

When I researched the GT86, the starter version is $31k, and the more complete version (larger rims/wheels, ventilated rear discs, and other comforts) is close to $39k.

Eventhough $31k is cheap in comparison to the other cars I mentioned above, It's still frakking expensive, and even more considering what the normal wages are around here.

Whether it's worth the price is really up to you.
OnionTou is offline   Reply With Quote