Old 06-19-2017, 02:42 PM   #15743
Xxyion
Lowly Cartuber

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2005 Honda S2000
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSunrise View Post
Just curious - why didn't you like the Edelbrock SC?
A lot of it was completely wrong expectations on my part.

The edelbrock generates tons of low end torque and super linear power across the RPM range. So for me i was like, great, its going to feel like stock except faster.

After i got it on and drove it around for 5 months. I realized, i actually wanted more drama if i was going to boost. I also have a Fiesta ST which is a turbo and i loved the dramatic kick in the pants when boost hit. ALso the throttle response was completley different. Not bad. but just very different and in a way that just didnt agree with me.

I'm also very OCD when it comes to certain things and that OCD comes in the form of that things need to "feel" a certain way for me to enjoy them. The car stock, felt AMAZING and literally took my breath away whenever i drove it. With the Edelbrock, the car got boring. I found myself being very limited as a driver. Being forced to drive 4/10s all the time compared to 9/10 all the time feels terrible when you've grown to love the latter.

Also due to how tall and heavy the Edelbrock was, i could feel that extra weight and vibration on the engine. And it made me never want to go past 5k rpm because it literally felt like the car was going to explode. I have no problems revving to 8.5k rpm in my S2000 so its not an issue with me not wanting to.

So yeah...a bit long winded but there you go.

TL;DR - It felt weird so i took it off
2016 Limited MT WR Blue BRZ | Delicious Flash n Go Tune | Delicious Flex Fuel Kit | Nameless 2.5" with 5" Mufflers | JDL UEL Headers | Bayson R Diffuser/Side Skirts | APR Front Splitter | VIS Racing GT Wing | ST Suspension Coilovers | Grammlights Rays 57CR 17x9 +38 | Sumitomo HTR Z iii 235/45/17 |
Xxyion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Xxyion For This Useful Post:
chermo12 (06-20-2017), DarkSunrise (06-19-2017), mrg666 (06-19-2017), new2subaru (06-19-2017), Tcoat (06-19-2017)