strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,481 Times in 4,999 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
A sports car is not a sports car if the camber is not adjustable, or Front biased / on demand AWD system, awful dampers and drive shaft
Just like many people around here who became disillusioned after modifying their 86's to become 'Porsche killers', there will be many disillusioned Focus RS owners in the coming years lamenting how they thought they were buying a sports car but instead got a very fast econo-box.

Word will get out, I bet there will be a day when you can pick up a Focus RS for new Focus ST prices if they don't limit production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I think that someplace around 110 you would start to pee a little (I have heard) as the front of the car starts to lift at every little bump (in theory)and the steering starts too get all funky ( I think). I shut it down pretty fast after that. OH WAIT I mean if I ever went that fast I would WANT to shut it down. Not that I have ever gone that fast with it.
In an FR-S? Interesting, I felt fine in mine up and over 110 mph. I haven't hit 120 but I'd be surprised if the car's composure deteriorated that quickly, but I can see a rough road making it very sketchy very quickly, the joys of closed circuit lapping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltezza View Post
Reading this, as I been saving up for a turbo kit.......why man
As long as you don't think it'll transform your car into some monster and you expect to spend time and money troubleshooting when something doesn't work right you'll probably be happy.

strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
Leonardo (01-19-2018)