Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyer Subaru
Nope. TRD is OEM by definition. The plus is also OEM or something of the like.
For example my Prodrive wheels are about as close as you can get to OEM. Prodrive being an aftermarket mfr that makes parts for Subaru. Rays being the builder of the rim is also an aftermarket company that has mfr'd wheels for Subaru for over 10 years now. Bridgestone also worked in the production and r&d of the wheels and they have been a supplier to Subaru for over 10 years.
This would make my wheels OEM+.
It might seem hard to understand because OEM has multiple contradictions. The easiest way to understand is to look at it like an umbrella. There might be multiple arms to an umbrella but everything under it makes it whole.
TRD has Toyota in the acronym. So this one is pretty simple. If you don't get this one you will never understand OEM or OEM+.
Some other very simple examples would be as follows:
TTE
STi
Saa
SPT
Now for some + examples:
Modellista
Grazio
Tom's
Corazon
Prova/eifel
Syms
Zero Sports
These + examples are aftermarket companies that are geared strongly towards a specific mfr's models.
|
Well I guess I'm stupid......
Yes TRD is part of Toyota but there's two part lines and back in the day I couldn't go to any dealer and by TRD parts.
I had to buy them with help from my buddy Bob at TRD/USA the older Toyota guys here know who I'm talking about.
But thank you for post the info for me.
btw could you show me all there so called OEM/TRD parts for sale.
http://www.scion.com/cars/FR-S/acces...wAll&view=grid
TRD History.....
http://www.pressroom.com.au/press_re...52&clientID=24