View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 05:04 PM   #17
nalc

Drives: 13 BRZ Limited 6MT GBS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullWorks View Post
wow...so you missed the part where a well engineered wheel from steel would weigh less than the aluminum counterpart because you have to allow in the design more material in an aluminum wheel because it has lower fatigue strength?

I never stated any of what you ASSumed, but you obviously have little exposure to reality, lots of aluminum rim failures occur all the time. it's not a theory, and you are not going to have such an issue with the factory rims i never even suggested such a thing, no one was in here talking about oem aluminum rims...are you lost little boy?

I see how you are trying to be cute and look all smart and stuff but you misunderstood everything in my post and simply look like a 13 year old child now. thanks for the laughs...this is where i'd say cheers but I don't want to be accused of encouraging underage drinking.
Oh, I must have misunderstood the thread. I thought we were talking about typical cheap steel wheels for passenger cars, specifically with regards to the twins. Didn't realize that we're having a theoretical debate over the best materials to use for a custom designed wheel for a race car. Maybe the fact that everyone else besides you was referring to regular ol' steel wheels was what gave me that impression.

Point still stands - you'd have to be an idiot to put steelies on a BRZ. Are you going to contest that? I'd hope not, you seem smarter than that.

You may be right about being able to design a steel wheel to be lighter than an aluminum one, but that's clearly not the type of steel wheel being discussed.
nalc is offline   Reply With Quote