View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
smbstyle
Senior Member
 
smbstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Location: Forsyth, GA
Posts: 1,008
Thanks: 224
Thanked 681 Times in 302 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Has anyone taken a closer look at the gas pedal?

So I was installing my Cusco gas pedal tonight, I followed this great DIY that took 2 seconds to remove the OEM gas pedal assembly out in order to easily install the Cusco pedal:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36203

Pedal comes out with 2 bolts and a quick un-plug of a wire:




Anyways, when playing with the pedal out of the car, and giving it a closer look, I noticed that the opening that the pedal shaft comes out of, down to the actual pedal, the pedal sits at the top in resting position, and I am able to completely depress it all the way to the bottom point; it travels the entire range of the opening.

However, after re-installing the pedal, I noticed it only travels about 90% of the range in the opening before hitting the stopper behind the pedal attached to the carpet, and not the full range like I was able to get with the pedal out of the car.

Maybe I'm just thinking of the mindset of a cable type throttle; in which case you would only be giving it 90% throttle if not able to fully depress it, but does anyone with more knowledge of this drive by wire system know if this is significant at all, that you can only travel 90% of the range in the gas pedal?

Sorry for the stupid random question; just thought it was interesting, and it was my first time ever really looking over a throttle by wire pedal out of the car.
smbstyle is offline   Reply With Quote