View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #126
Opie
Senior Member
 
Opie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2023 Toyota GR 86 Cup
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,021
Thanks: 1,661
Thanked 2,474 Times in 1,046 Posts
Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL BRZ View Post
Someone did monitor oil pressure while tracking, I think @Dave-ROR did and I know he's not the only one monitoring oil pressure on track.

I'm not going to argue with you but the wild speculation is getting old already.

The issue is the direct injector seals failing due to detonation between up shifts because the transient ignition retard tables are not optimized (flawed) in the factory ecu tune. 91 octane gas and lots of heat in the block on track increases the risk of said detonation. The seals fail, cylinders run dangerously lean and boom.

I don't know how many times this needs to be repeated before people stop speculating otherwise...
Until you have proof of this occurring you are also speculating. That's why the internet sucks. People believe things simply because they read them.
__________________
2023 GR Cup Car
Opie is offline   Reply With Quote