View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 12:20 AM   #40
vgi

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i bought my car a month ago, couple of days later noticed an occasional coolant smell under a load (around 4k rpm, still breaking in the engine so try no to rev it above 4k). took it to the dealer, they said they didn't find any leaks (though I think it was just a visual, the guy said the car is hot, so the system is under pressure, there is no point of doing pressure test). anyways, I put a tape on the coolant reservoir in a morning, while the engine is cold, the mileage was just like 50. Now I have just under 800, one month later, the coolant level is about 3/4-1" down, checked again in a morning.

I just did a quick search for 'coolant' in the topic of a thread and a decent amount of threads came up. It looks like the coolant level drops fairly rapidly for lots of people, yet no one in the threads I looked through were able to determine why. Just seems like it just evaporates at a higher rate when it overflows hot into the coolant reservoir.

Curious to see if there will be a reasonable explanation in this thread or if it will just die off like the rest of them
vgi is offline   Reply With Quote