PMok
Codename: Stitch

Drives: 91 MR2; 06 IS350; 16 BRZ; 18 CX-5
Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,307 Posts
Mentioned: 462 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
Personal experience: just a straight stainless steel line conversion comparing the same car is unnoticeable, especially if you drive it in the morning and then in the afternoon after the conversion. I would be surprised that a car with no other changes is noticeably different, if you're changing calipers and pads as well then it's not really noticeable, I'm curious about the car you drove.

If you're after a firm pedal you're better off messing with the brake assist to get better feedback.
My BRZ has stock brake lines. I wasn't very satisfied with the pedal feel even after flushing/bleeding the lines, so I got the GrimmSpeed MCB. I know others said they didn't feel much change from that but I felt the pedal was noticeably firmer, a move in the right direction for me. Then I got behind the wheel of a friend's FR-S who had the Stoptech SS lines installed. Everything else stock. I was immediately impressed how much firmer the brake pedal felt in his car. In hindsight for nearly the same money I should have bought the SS lines over the MCB, but the MCB is significantly easier to install so I thought I'd try it first.

FWIW my other car is a 2000 MR2 Spyder and I also installed SS lines on it several years ago, for the same reasons - much better brake pedal feel from it than stock.