strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,482 Times in 5,000 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMok View Post
At the risk of taking this thread off to another tangent, I had to respond to this statement. I do think a SS brake line upgrade is a worthwhile (and fairly easy) mod if you care enough about brake pedal feel. Some people value and prefer a firm brake pedal feel and SS lines are how you can get that feel and get rid of the mushy pedal feel that most stock cars come with. I got behind the wheel of a car equipped with SS lines and immediately felt a difference just on street driving. You don't need to be in a competition or even on a track to appreciate the improvement you can get from a set of SS lines.
Personal experience: just a straight stainless steel line conversion comparing the same car is unnoticeable, especially if you drive it in the morning and then in the afternoon after the conversion. I would be surprised that a car with no other changes is noticeably different, if you're changing calipers and pads as well then it's not really noticeable, I'm curious about the car you drove.

If you're after a firm pedal you're better off messing with the brake assist to get better feedback.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote