View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #5
romin

Drives: BRZ, STI, 535, Tiffin Allegro
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I first hit CEL P0351, cylinder 1, while running on the track, cleared it a couple times but it kept coming back.
Dealer also noticed a popping "fire cracker" sound coming from my intake and blamed it on my mods.
I asked the dealer to replace my coil pack on cylinder one and they refused and once again blamed my mods.

I then upgraded my coils to Okadas, on my own dime, and the P0351 CEL went away.
Popping noise also went away except for cold starts.

Took it to the dealer today and asked them to replace my injector O rings and they refused.
I showed them pictures of other owners injectors missing the O rings and he referred the issue to some up level Subaru guy and said I might hear something back in a few weeks and then started describing a multi day process of keeping my vehicle for testing.

On my own I ordered all of the direct injection O rings and seals, once again on my own dime.
I'm considering having my own mechanic replace them - Subaru dealer said it would cost $800.
Given my luck thus far with Subaru's warranty system I figure if my engine fails they are going to blame it on my mods and hand me the bill so I'm better off fixing the issue on my own instead of waiting for a full blown failure.

Given Subaru's low volumes on the BRZ they haven't tracked down many of these issues on their own.
When you point out that Toyota already has a fix they just shrug their shoulders and walk away.
I'm less than impressed.

Last edited by romin; 05-10-2013 at 04:50 PM.
romin is offline   Reply With Quote