View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #27
Djratrap

Drives: BRZ CSB Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange86er View Post
Thank-you all for your comments. Opinions about the 996 are divided which is really interesting, but the points about maintenance and ongoing costs is SO helpful. I can afford all the repairs, but SHOULDN't i.e. have a million other more "responsible" bills to pay... Which brings me back to why I looked at an 86 in the first place... reliable fun, for a little more than the cost of a dreary sensible second car...

I am thinking I should wait until I have too much money and free time (ie semi-retirement) and think about porsches again then, until then.... 86/FRS/BRZ might be enough fun...
I also faced this same predicament when purchasing my BRZ it was down to the BRZ and a 2003 C4S. I could also afford the Porsche and the maintenance, but i decided ultimately that BRZ would give me the same thrills and excitement for a fraction of the price. The Porsche has a lot more frills/oooos and aaahhhs and is an amazing machine. I feel a new Porsche will be my next toy. Personally i'd just rather spend those maintenance costs on other things. Only had the brz a month and loving it, we'll see how it fares in the winter.
Djratrap is offline   Reply With Quote