|
Perrin Front Control Arm Braces
Installation of these is dead easy, just two bolts per brace and the only thing you need to remove is the front wheels. I'm posting up more to point out that the instructions supplied with the braces state the wrong torque values.
Perrin says to tighten them to 110 ft.lbs, but the FR-S service manual says 110 NM - which is only 81 ft.lbs. That's enough of a difference that someone might snap the head off a bolt and that would really suck. I also used (and recommend) red loctite on the threads. You could see that there was loctite on there from the factory, so it should be reapplied. You definitely don't want these getting loose.
Anyway - the braces are very well made, beautifully finished, and fit perfectly. They appear to be much more solid than OEM. I don't know if they affected the handling as I also installed camber bolts at the same time.
|