View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
aybaperformance

Drives: honda s2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
stock vehicle needed for exhaust development

Thanks for all of your interest and PM's - we have found a vehicle and are moving forward with this

I am in the planning stages of developing a completely new exhaust system for the FRS and will be looking for a donor vehicle.

What I am looking for is a bone stock frs or brz in manual only for the period of 3 days to develop a new exhaust for. A period of Friday morning through Sunday evening.

In exchange, that person will get an installed AEM intake free of charge.

A couple of things to keep in mind - not only will baseline before and after dynos be done - but tuned runs including the intake as well with the intention of offering a proven, completely smog legal package in the near future.

At the end of the test the factory exhaust will be placed back on and the owner can choose to have the ecu re-flashed to stock or left tuned.

The prototype exhaust is to be used to create a jig for production after which I will also offer this to the owner free of charge. Though this will be produced with the same basic parts like an all stainless steel construction and will be of a high quality it will not be production quality piece.

This is going to be a bolt on exhaust with a focus on weight and horsepower. If this goes well I plan to also do a full tilt non bolt on exhaust system after that will require another vehicle. Both will be dual exhausts unless a suitable bumper cap can be found to clean things up - at which point I may also make a single as well.

I am working on the logistics of all of this setup and execution in the middle of relocating to a new home so it will be several weeks still. There will be a number of other products I will either do testing and or development work on in the future and will modify this post accordingly.

If you are interested or have suggestions, leave them below.

Thanks!

Just a reminder for those that have or are wanting to PM me - I need a completely stock car, even stock wheels and tires. In order for me to make this happen on a production scale I will have to build 25 at a time and I need comparable's to stock to make it precise.

Last edited by aybaperformance; 03-25-2013 at 05:04 PM.
aybaperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aybaperformance For This Useful Post:
AE86guy (03-22-2013)