View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #35
Visconti
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 05 STi
Location: Norwalk, CT
Posts: 2,843
Thanks: 196
Thanked 3,188 Times in 1,197 Posts
Mentioned: 375 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Visconti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Insano View Post
As I originally theorized - this is tuning related. Software is controlling the disengagement in 3rd+ gears above 7500 RPM based on most likely several criteria. If it is software controlled, it definitely can be changed to stay engaged.

Is it good/safe to rev the AT to 7500+ RPM - who knows?
Is it good/safe to rev the engine to 7500+ - who knows?


Visconti, the same argument could be made of your tunes allowing the MT engine to rev to over 7400 RPM. Is that safe? If so, why is the OEM rev limit in place??? Rather than trying to bash FA20club for working on a possible functionality enhancement for the AT requested by a customer, maybe you should contribute to the thread besides saying it is factory limited and insinuating FA20Club tunes are not safe. You don't think it's safe. Duly noted.

FA20club, possibly you could test this (or you already have) on your shop AT and let us know findings. Let us know whatever you think.
FA20CLUB has been selling a raised rev limit auto tune for a while telling customers that I simply was doing something wrong and that's why he could raise the rev limit with out issue and not me.

I've had several phone calls about this.

I'm glad finally someone post about this so people could see the snake oil he is selling.

His lack of input in this thread says it all.

I think we need to find out more info on the automatic transmission to see if it's a mechanical thing or software related.

Based on the extensive testing I've done on this months ago I'm almost 100% sure this can not be resolved with the engine ECU.

If it can be fixed with software I'm pretty sure it's going to be TCM software

Is this auto really the same as the IS250? Maybe we need to start checking out those forums to see what they're doing

-John
Visconti is offline   Reply With Quote