View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #9
Hancha Group
FT86Club Official Vendor
 
Hancha Group's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: Subarus
Location: Midwest
Posts: 156
Thanks: 18
Thanked 134 Times in 60 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL BRZ View Post
While I appreciate this kind of aero/downforce development greatly, I am personally not a fan of that wing mounting design. It looks "upside down" from certain angles to me, while I know the wing element is right side up. It might be the way the end plates are mounted that throws it all off for me...
The upright shape can be changed, but we are utilizing the swan neck design because of its aerodynamic benefits. It keeps the air cleaner on the bottom surface of the wing (the more important side). It is a race proven design that many teams are starting to adopt.

The Audi R15 had it



The Cadillac CTS-V



All the current DTM cars



When Peugeot went from the 908 to the 90X, they adopted the swan neck as well



We plan on having a traditional bottom mounted wing as well. We are trying to make the wing modular so you can choose the width of the wing, spacing of the upright, whether you want it top or bottom mounted as well.

I am currently in talks with a manufacturer who has the tooling for a wing for they no longer make. We would offer that as a cheaper, bottom mount only wing. We have yet to CFD the wing design, but it was used by an OEM and is race proven. We will CFD it, but since it was used on a car with much higher HP, I suspect it makes more downforce and more drag than our wing. It may be a good solution for the forced induction people. I will release more details as I get them.

Earl
Hancha Group is offline   Reply With Quote