View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #95
SnapOv3st3r

Drives: 400whp Scion tC
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu_ View Post
Uh no I don't propose that. But having different drivers who post vastly different track times is totally relevant if you want to make the claim that car x is faster than car y. All I'm saying is that the top gear lap time board has flaws.

That's why you don't look at it as car X is faster than car Y. Because it is not 100% that you will Always hands down beat the other car in EVERY situation. Example....throw a Lambo on a tight AutoX course against a Civic and watch the Civic post a faster time. Some of the laps are WET laps on top of that.

You don't claim that it's a faster car, just that it ran faster on THIS course with THIS driver and leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu_ View Post
He was a lot slower... Surprisingly slower actually. Also the track for the gt86 lap wasn't that wet. It was damp with a few puddles. They didnt even call it a wet lap. And that track favors power over cornering so it's a stretch to me that the 86 would be faster than a well balanced car that's a lot faster in a straight line.

Disagree that the Top Gear track favors power. It is not that long of a track and not even really a track to begin with.
SnapOv3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote