View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 12:14 PM   #7
wrxneffect
Senior Member
 
wrxneffect's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: 13 BRZ Ltd 6MT(sold), 03 WRX (RIP)
Location: USA
Posts: 110
Thanks: 23
Thanked 31 Times in 24 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBRZ View Post
come in start talking yada yada, then say I will buy it right now at msrp. if they say no then get up and leave. Leave your phone number and tell them to call when they want to make a deal. They will call you before you get back home.
This.

You best bargaining strategy is your ability to leave. Don't let your emotions make you go with a deal. Whether it's buying a car or a house or something else a good salesman will try to get you emotionally invested in the product and once you are in that state you are more likely to overpay.

That being said I think getting MSRP is a good price for the car at this moment. If you get below MSRP kudos. I paid MSRP but then I pre-ordered the car in March and it was a painless process...outside of waiting for it to be delivered.

Good luck!
wrxneffect is offline   Reply With Quote