View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #10
fasteddy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: BRZ
Location: MN
Posts: 184
Thanks: 89
Thanked 82 Times in 41 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by karma003 View Post
I had the same situation happen to me but w a oil field pipe on the road. Bent a wheel & blew a tire. I asked myself the same thing.... after a while of debating & asking different friends at the autocross one guy told me something that completely changed my mind & made me love the frs for what it is. He said "keep the stock tires, find a replacement or get something w the same grip thats cheap. It may suck for a ehile & u might post bad times at the start but ull find urself getting use to them & ull manage to post great times sooner or later after u get used to them.. once uve reached ur absolute peak on those slippery tires, then upgrade. In the end itll make u a better driver. Besides, sliding is what the frs was designed to do". So I bought lexani lx sevens which r worse then the prius tires but alot more fun lol
I agree with this. I am planning on wearing out and learning the limits of my car on the track on the stock tires first. You can perhaps find another used tire cheap.
fasteddy is offline   Reply With Quote