View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #16
marky

Drives: 2020 BRZ tS #54
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle View Post
Definitely not the same thing as Opti-Coat at all. Opti-Coat is like a hand applied layer of clear coat that is permanent. The dealer offers nothing like this. They have sealants similar to most over the counter stuff

Here is an MSN article discussing the dealer options to avoid. It specifically addresses the dealer paint protection option and essentially says its a goof

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/artic...=476382&page=0

"Paint Sealant: This is another instance where the dealership hopes the car buyer will be gullible enough to believe that it’s using some special technique and material that’ll keep your car’s paint looking factory fresh, when it’s typically the same products found at any auto parts store. The best way to preserve your car’s finish is to wash and wax it regularly. Better yet, take the money you’d pay the dealer to “seal” your paint and instead spend it on the occasional professional detailing."

Opti-Coat is NOT found at any auto parts store and the professional version is only available to authorized installers

Also the dealer is not doing any paint correction, which is typically inherent in the cost of Opti-Coat application. So basically for the money you're spending you could probably find someone to make the paint perfect, and apply more durable protection
I see thanks for that info....

Can I cancel my lux care add on? Was thinking of getting it done this week..
Call the dealer and tell them I don't want it?
They might say some BS that its part of the purchase but I have not got it done yet...

The dealer tinted my windows and it was 800$ add on..what a rip off..trying not to spend another 500$ on this lux care thing...

Thanks
marky is offline   Reply With Quote