Old 12-27-2012, 01:45 AM   #28
bestwheelbase

Drives: 1985 P-Type
Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,098 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraFRS View Post
So here's what my wife got me for Christmas. I've got to put it together, paint it, and buy some of the electronics for it...but I think it'll be fun.
Awesome gift! If you need any help along the way, post or PM us. We've been running TT-01 variants for a long time. Very familiar with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermassive View Post
Well I've had a Tamiya GT86 body on my Team Associated TC6.1 ever since they came out, and have yet to run into anyone else with the body where i run mine.
Very cool! But for the novices reading this, let's be clear... @Supermassive is running a more advanced kit designed for competitive racing. You do not have to spend that kind of money ($400 just for the bare chassis) to have fun in this hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blur View Post
I own 2 nitro savages and have already experimented with a nitro RWD Rs4. It's all about preference, not about what is "better" or "popular". And the guy in the vid clearly had no issues keeping up with the 4wds, I dont understand how you can write it off because it takes skill... learning is half the fun!
Nitro stuff is different because the cars are heavier and react differently to input. @wparsons was simply clarifying that AWD is a very common setup for drifting rc cars. The drift tires (i.e. plastic tubing) are easily controlled with an AWD platform. Lots of people have rc cars that look like a 2-wheel drive body (example: FRS), but the chassis is actually AWD (example: the HPI & Tamiya kits we've been discussing). People new to the hobby might be confused by this, so it's worth clarifying.

Also, in those videos posted earlier -- those were all AWD cars.
bestwheelbase is offline   Reply With Quote