View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
NOHOME
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: RAVEN
Location: LONDON ONTARIO
Posts: 795
Thanks: 86
Thanked 800 Times in 346 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Is this car traction limited for some reason?

Well, with winter here and the first few miles of winter driving, I have to declare this car to have less traction in the rear than what makes sense. Is there anything about the design of the rear suspension that would cause this condition? It is certainly worse than the Miata or a Pick-up truck.

As background, my 37 years of driving experience has been almost entirely with RWD platforms and the FRS has a set of Blizzack snow/ice tires.

So far, the traction control seems to keep things under control, but I have to wonder how it will feel going down the highway during blizzard conditions? Anyone further into winter conditions than me and have some real world experience to report?

On the plus side, since I can get away with it, it looks like the FRS is going to spend some serious (deliberate) sideways time while commuting during snowfalls!
NOHOME is offline   Reply With Quote