Thread: Twin Turbo kit?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 02:07 AM   #6
Brody602
Drift King
 
Brody602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: '13 Firestorm FR-S 6MT
Location: Kirkland Lake Ontario, Canada
Posts: 625
Thanks: 435
Thanked 228 Times in 121 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoi23 View Post
I'm not going to go power hungry with this car. It is mainly used as a DD to school,work,etc. I may track every now and then.. I just want that extra "pep." lol. From what people are saying, this car can take psi like a champ, but I wouldn't run more than 8psi just because it is my DD. I'm just going to sit back and let all of the vendors fight each other until great turbo kits or superchargers come out. I'm in no rush to get power, I don't NEED it like some track stars. The car is amazing where it's at right now anyway.
Yeah, from what you described, the AVO kit suits your needs, although since you're in no hurry, other companies might have something competitive to offer, although for AVO's price, not too many turbo kits will come/have come close to that price. I want the FI for the same reasons as you, daily driver with just a little extra pep, but without the need to worry about engine internals etc.

Heres an interesting article about the AVO kit from when it they had their car at SEMA;

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/11/avo-brz/

P.S. I dont work for AVO, I just really like their product up to date, and IMO it's the best I've seen for the use I'd want from FI.
Brody602 is offline   Reply With Quote