Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoi23
I don't know much about turbos, but could this car take a twin turbo kit? And is anyone developing it if it can? I know there is allot of space under the hood so..
|
As of right now, I don't think anyone is devlopping a twin turbo set up.
It's just not a good idea to even bother putting a twin turbo on a 4 cylinder engine, because it doesn't produce much exhaust gases to spool the turbo as opposed to a v6 or v8, and there is a lot more fabrication and set-up and what not involved witha twin turbo set up, you'd honestly get better results from 1 properly sized turbo on a 4 cylinder.
The best bet for a twin set up in this case would be twin charged which refers to a supercharger AND turbocharger, because it compensates for the cons of each, generally speaking.
I.e. superchargera generally have more increase from low to mid rpm while a turbo has turbo lag and doesnt really start to kick in until low-mid, mid range rpms depending on the setup,
Combining both would generally give you a nice linear hp/tq gain on a dyno.
There is someone who has twin charged this car, and im not sure if they're making a kit or not, but i'm sure if you try to look it up you should find results.
Edit: Found a couple links on the twin charged FR-S
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6349
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9993
Brody