View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #7
jamal

Drives: Legacy GT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propaganda View Post
I was dead set on the v3s... but then reality hit. I never had coilovers before. I was talking to friends, reading up on here and I realized I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the brands, and therefore I wouldn't be able to get the full potential out of a better (so to speak) system.
I hear this so much and it really bugs me. While you might not be able to dial in the damper settings to shave those last couple of tenths on track, you would absolutely notice the difference between your coilovers and a KW.

Also, I see you have that camber gauge on there with the wheel off and the car needs to be aligned at ride height on very flat ground. So hopefully you had a jack under control arm and measured fender to wheel center height and also got the car dead level. Otherwise it's going to be WAY off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Insano View Post
I wonder how much diff the swift spring upgrade makes for daily driveability with these coils. Sounds like they help but wondering how much. I am not a big coilover fan on DD vehicles anymore after running some on previous cars. Sounds like you got exactly what you want for your DD though so kudos.
I can't see how it would be much. It's just changing one spring for a slightly better one of the same rate. If the stock ones are somehow that bad what does it say about the rest of the parts?
jamal is offline   Reply With Quote