Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyR
Not to go "too far" back in the thread, but the WRX is going to be a weird position for Subaru (and Toyota to a lesser extent). If the FT-86's end up costing ~25k, the new WRX being slated for around 26-30k is going to eat away at Subaru's sales. Sure there maybe some in it for the better mpg, and less into the RWD aspect, but it's in the "performance" segment, and if you can get a faster car with full-seasons usage that the WRX would provide, many people would just shift to that I think.
Either way, there's some exciting motoring ahead of us in the dismal Obama plotted future for automotive enthusiasts. I'll be going into this perhaps one or two last hurrah's left for us with a smile, and make the most of it I can.
|
I don't think so mate. The FT86 is supposed to midrange around $25k. I would bet that the new WRX replacement will midrange closer to $30k. Which sounds about right for a turbo and AWD. I would bet that it would be a sedan possibly hatchback body style if they go with the rally favored design which is the hatchback.
Full season usage? Another AWD fanboy eh?
And Gasoline cars might get regulated to heck but EVs and Biofuel based cars will become the norm and those can still be plenty of fun. It might mean that big engines become more expensive to maintain and less common but there will still be fun cars. Don't get depressed until you see what the future holds!