DaJo
FT86Club Vancouver

Drives: BRZ Sport-Tech; Drove: MR-S, AE86
Thanked 1,178 Times in 633 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnst3ar View Post
So my service manager sends me a text yesterday that says "Toyota is no longer able to give an ETA for the ECM. Apparently, they are swampedwith orders and are having to issue them in the order the affected cars came in. Not trying to be vague, but there is no way at this time to give an accurate arrival time."

Less than five minutes later, my case manager calls me. She tells me that she just talked to my service manager, and he told her that he is expecting the ECM in either Thursday or Friday of this week. I explained about the text, and she tells me that she just talked to him about a minute before she called me, and that he had gotten new information since the text was sent (from the parts manager, supposedly). I asked her to please talk with him and to get the story straight between them, because I am getting tired of the conflicting stories. She said that she would and that I Should expect a follow up call on Friday.

Getting annoyed here, I am really beginning to think that I made a mistake with my purchase.
I feel ya man. Just hang in there; we all bought this car knowing that there will be kinks...
At the end of the day I'm sure we all still love the car for what it is... Remember, our frustration is not with the vehicle itself but the dealerships incompetent employees giving us misleading information about the situation.

That's why choosing the right dealership to buy from is so important...

2013 BRZ Sport-Tech 6AT
Since '12 (OEM+ STI tS Build)
2015 Lexus IS250 AWD F-Sport 2 2015-2018
2018 Lexus NX300 F-Sport 3 Since '18
DaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DaJo For This Useful Post:
dawnst3ar (10-18-2012)